E-Learn Social Events
Wednesday, October 18, 8:30 AM in Grand Ballroom A+B
- If this is your first time to E-Learn or you would just like to make some new friends, join us immediately following keynote for a fun speed-dating event hosted by the E-Learn conference chair, Theo Bastiaens, and the E-Learn Executive Committee.
- Join us as we welcome you to E-Learn 2017 with LIVE music, mingling, drinks & hors d’oeuvres!
- All attendees welcome!
FREE Topics Lunch – Registration Required
12:30 – 1:30 PM, Wednesday & Thursday, October 18-20 in Grand Ballroom A+B
- Register before the conference to join your fellow attendees each day for the complimentary topics lunch! Tables will be displayed with the following topics and open seating for attendees to enjoy some networking, connecting, and conversations over the following topics:
- E-learning Scenarios (Blended Learning, Flipped Classroom)
- Engagement & Motivation
- Mobile Learning
- Augmented Reality
- Big Data
- Social Software (Collaborative Learning)
- “Sorry, I can’t chat. I have to finish my presentation” 🙂
- Don’t see your topic listed? Suggest yours here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Interest Group (SIG) Meetings
- Wednesday at 12:45: Designing, Developing, and Assessing E-Learning SIG
- Thursday at 8:00 AM: Sustainable Learning Technologies
Thursday at 12:45 PM: E-Learning Trends and Innovations SIG
- All are wecome to attendee and join a SIG!
An Afternoon Without Slides
3:00 – 4:00 PM, Thursday, October 19 in Grand Ballroom A+B
- Join us for this dynamic new session that combines Research & Technical Posters/Demonstrations, Product Showcases, and Roundtables!
- All attendees wecome!
- Snacks and cash bar provided.
ProtoHack Innovation Through Education Challenge Event
Thursday, October 19, 3:00 – 7:00 PM in Grand Ballroom A+B
* This Challenge Event is offered FREE to those in the Vancouver area. Event pre-registration IS requested.
ProtoHack is the intersection between innovation and education. Join this free Innovation Challenge to bridge the gap between users and makers by connecting industry to ideas, and producing tangible solutions for the education sector.ProtoHack’s solution-focused approach teaches innovative-thinking and effective problem-solving techniques that can be taken back to the classroom. Learn how to enable the non-technical community with the tools and knowledge to bring an idea to life and visually communicate it through prototyping.
Objectives: Work collaboratively on ideation, prototyping, design-thinking, strategy, and pitching. Get ready for a crash course that you can take back to the classroom!
Prizes: The winning team will receive $5,000 worth of development work from App Scoop to help build out their idea. Food and Drinks provided!
Free Movie Screening: Hidden Figures
Thursday, October 19, 7:00 PM in Grand Ballroom A+B
- Hidden Figures is the incredible story of three brilliant african-american women working at NASA, who served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation’s confidence, turned around the Space Race, and galvanized the world.
- Come relax in our “theatre” for a movie screening with drinks, popcorn and comfortable seating provided.
Closing Lunch Reception & Invitation to E-Learn 2018
Friday, October 20, 12:30 PM in Grand Ballroom A+B
- Let’s end E-Learn 2017 with a plated lunch reception as we refelct on the week and invite you to join us at E-Learn 2018 in Las Vegas! We invite all attendees and a guest to share a toast together!