Vancouver – Adventure Filled and Eco-Friendly!
Vancouver is a dynamic, multicultural city with a cosmopolitan flair set in a spectacular natural environment. Nestled between majestic mountains and sparkling ocean, Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It’s the eighth-largest city in Canada and the westernmost of Canada’s 10 provinces and three territories. With such a beautiful Pacific Northwest location, Vancouver is a great destination for travelers from around the world. In 2016, the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) named Vancouver North America’s top destination for international meetings and conventions.
One thing that really sets Vancouver apart is its committent to green, eco-friendly initiatives. Vancouver is Canada’s greenest city*, and has actually been a hotbed of sustainability for decades. It’s home to one of the world’s largest urban parks, and is the birthplace of Greenpeace. Already recognized as having the smallest carbon footprint of any major city in North America, Vancouver’s mayor recently committed to making it “the world’s greenest city” by 2020. Vancouver is highly walkable, with wide, pedestrian-friendly sidewalks and an easily navigated street system. Greenspaces are abundant and the compact downtown core is just a short stroll from popular and action-packed neighborhoods like Gastown, Yaletown and Chinatown as well as the beautiful beaches of the West End. For an unparalleled views of Vancouver’s natural beauty, visit Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. Walk the 450-foot bridge over the Capilano River and through emerald green treetops. Or make your way to Stanley Park, Vancouver’s leading recreational space and the city’s green heart. It’s 5.5-mile seawall pathway provides some of the best sea-to-sky mountain views anywhere in the world. During season, you can take to the sea with a whale-watching excursion. View hundreds of species or marine wildlife that populate the air, land, and waters of Vancouver’s harbours. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, treat yourself to some of the amazing local flavors.
Vancouver serves a rich and diverse menu, focusing largely on fresh, local ingredients including delectable seafood and carefully cultivated fruits and vegetables. Pioneered by the Vancouver Aquarium and innovative chefs across the region, the popular Ocean Wise initiative supports sustainable fishing practices, ensuring that the seafood on your plate has been raised, sourced and supplied in an environmentally sound manner. When your adventures end, there are several green choices for traveling back home through the city. Vancouver’s commitment to green transportation is exemplified by the region’s growing mass transit system, as well it’s claim to one of the world’s largest hybrid taxi fleets. Whichever direction you hike, bike, walk, boat, or ride, we are sure that you will find gorgeous views, delicious meals, and exciting adventures. Join us and see for yourself!
Consider just a few reasons why Vancouver is a wonderful destination for the conference.
- Spectacular Setting – Incredible mountains, harbor views, sparkling ocean, and beautiful foliage year round.
- Unlimited Activities – You can enjoy world-class shopping to outdoor adventures, gourmet meals to live entertainment, sporting events, theatre, outstanding sights and attractions.
- Gateway to Adventure – Quick and easy access to the Canadian Rockies, Victoria, Vancouver Island, and of course, endless water and land sports throughout the year.
- Dining – Vancouver has every taste and type of food you crave! Vancouver’s restaurant scene has exploded in the past few years offering world-class cuisine from every corner of the globe. Fine dining, casual or family friendly restaurants are easily accessible throughout Greater Vancouver.
- Excellent Infrastructure – Vancouver International Airport has consistently been rated as one of North America’s top airports. A great walking city – clean, green, safe, and easily accessible!
- Value – Vancouver offers a world-class experience and excellent value for your money!
Sound like a great place for a conference? You bet! Plan to join us in Vancouver BC, Canada. For more information about Vancouver, see: http://www.tourismvancouver.com/